eNEWS CITIZEN LAB
eNEWS ASSOCIATION is launching a call for a training program entitled “eNews Citizen Lab” in partnership with the US Department’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and WORLD CONNECT. The training will take place in Ouarzazate from 19th until the 23th of December 2016. And it aims to improve the participant’s skills in journalism. More concretely, it aims to support the creativity of young media producers and aspiring journalists by equipping them with the right knowledge, skills and attitudes in order to be able to produce stories using various type of Media such as photography, videography and article writing.
- A journalism training conducted by experts.
- A diploma certifying that you have been committed to this program from the beginning till the end.
- A smart phone will be given to each participant to be used during the program duration.
- Access to an online platform to publish and shed light on your work
- A chance to win a prize at the eNEWS CITIZEN LAB competition
We are looking for youth activists, junior producers, university students who are aged between 18 to 25 years old and highly interested in the journalism and Media production.
Candidates: Criteria of Eligibility
- Participants must be dynamic and open minded. They should be actively engaged in their social community/ interested in journalism.
- A good command of written and spoken English and Arabic language is a condition to enroll the training.
- Must be between 18 and 25 of age
- Holding Moroccan Citizenship, and living in one of the following cities: Ouarzazate, Aga- dir, Zagora, Errachidia, Essaouira.
- Be a University Student, or a Recent Graduate from high school or university.
- Be willing to commit for the whole duration of the program
- Eager to create positive change through journalism and media
- Highly motivated
The accommodation cost, the meals and the program materials are fully covered by the organizers including travel cost.
This program is operating in the following cities:
You can apply by submitting the application form.
ABOUT eNEWS ASSOCIATION:
eNEWS ASSOCIATION is a youth development NGO established on November 15th, 2014. In previous years, 2011-2014, it operated as a local club under the title of Ouarzazate eNews.
eNEWS ASSOCIATION is dedicated to empowering youth with skills to bring about social change, and it aims to create leaders who will give back to their community
For further information, please visit www.e-news.ma/Association
The Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI), located within the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs at the U.S. Department of State, is a unique program designed to engage directly with and invest in the peoples of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). MEPI works to create vibrant partnerships and supports efforts to expand political participation, strengthen civil society, empower women and youth, create educational opportunities, and foster economic prosperity throughout the Middle East and North Africa. In support of these goals, the MEPI local grants program has been operating in Morocco since 2008 and provides support to local NGOs, universities and think tanks in order to promote positive change, expand opportunities for women and youth and help communities shape their own future. For more information about MEPI Initiative, please visit: www.mepi.state.gov. For more Information on MEPI’s Regional Office in Rabat, please contact the US Embassy at (Tel: (+212) 537-63-73-91 – Add: Km 5.7, Avenue Mohammed VI, Souissi, Rabat, Morocco).
For further information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/MEPIRegionalOfficeRabat/
ABOUT WORLD CONNECT
World Connect invests in and builds dynamic relationships and partnerships at the grassroots in the developing world, catalyzing local knowledge and initiative, and supporting women and communities to prioritize and tackle their own development challenges in their own unique ways.
For further information, please visit http://www.worldconnect-us.org/