eNEWS CITIZEN LAB
eNEWS ASSOCIATION is recruiting 5 Facilitators for a training program entitled “eNEWS CITIZEN LAB” in partnership with the US Department’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and WORLD CONNECT. The training will take place in Ouarzazate from 19th until the 23th of December 2016. And it aims to improve the participant’s skills in journalism. More concretely, it aims to support the creativity of young media producers and aspiring journalists by equipping them with the right knowledge, skills and attitudes in order to be able to produce stories using various type of Media such as photography, videography and article writing.
The Facilitators tasks:
- The Facilitator is required to accompany a group of 10 participants during the program duration starting from Mid-November 2016 till April 30, 2017.
- The facilitator will be put in touch with our local partner in either Agadir, Essaouira, Ouarzazate, Zagora, or Errachidia.
- He or She will help the 10 participants brainstorm and work on story ideas.
- He or She will also edit the work of the participants before it is published on the participant’s online profile.
- The Facilitator will hold weekly meetings with participants at our local partner’s venue.
- The facilitator will send a weekly report of the meetings that were held and a progress report once a month.
- Facilitators will accompany the participants to a training in Ouarzazate on December 19-23, 2016, and to the Award ceremony in April.
- Facilitator will assure that the participants understand what is requested from them.
- Knowledge of journalism ethics and practices is required.
- Experience in writing and editing articles
- Experience in photography and videography is preferable.
- Be based in one of the following cities: Agadir, Essaouira, Errachidia, Ouarzazate and Zagora.
- Able to fulfill the above tasks.
- Available to accompany the participants to the above events
- Interested applicants will need to fill in the online application form here.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- A smartphone will be given to the facilitator to be used during the program duration
- A monthly stipend of $200
- A recognition certificate
- Travel and lodging expenses are fully covered when accompanying participants to Ouarzazate.
- Chance to improve one’s skills during the journalism training and to network with journalism experts and funders.
ABOUT eNEWS ASSOCIATION:
eNEWS ASSOCIATION is a youth development NGO established on November 15th, 2014. In previous years, 2011-2014, it operated as a local club under the title of Ouarzazate eNews.
eNEWS ASSOCIATION is dedicated to empowering youth with skills to bring about social change, and it aims to create leaders who will give back to their community
For further information, please visit www.e-news.ma/Association
The Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI), located within the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs at the U.S. Department of State, is a unique program designed to engage directly with and invest in the peoples of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). MEPI works to create vibrant partnerships and supports efforts to expand political participation, strengthen civil society, empower women and youth, create educational opportunities, and foster economic prosperity throughout the Middle East and North Africa. In support of these goals, the MEPI local grants program has been operating in Morocco since 2008 and provides support to local NGOs, universities and think tanks in order to promote positive change, expand opportunities for women and youth and help communities shape their own future. For more information about MEPI Initiative, please visit: www.mepi.state.gov.
For more Information on MEPI’s Regional Office in Rabat, please follow their Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/MEPIMedRegionOffice – (Tel: (+212) 537-63-73-91 – Add: US Embassy, Km 5.7, Avenue Mohammed VI, Souissi, Rabat, Morocco).
ABOUT WORLD CONNECT
World Connect invests in and builds dynamic relationships and partnerships at the grassroots in the developing world, catalyzing local knowledge and initiative, and supporting women and communities to prioritize and tackle their own development challenges in their own unique ways.
For further information, please visit http://www.worldconnect-us.org/